1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screen of Death on WinXP logo & CD Boot up. No Safe mode either

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by leonardsix, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. leonardsix

leonardsix Thread Starter

My computer was working fine until this morning. I haven't recently installed any new hardware or software. It boots up normally except about 5 seconds into the Windows XP logo splash screen I get a Blue Screen of Death with a message that says a bunch of general stuff about whether or not this is the first time this has happened etc and gives me the error Stop: 0x0000007F (0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000). Then it automatically reboots and eventually does the same thing again.

I've gone into advanced windows options with F8 during boot up and tried going into every different kind of Safe Mode. When I try going through safe mode I get through a bunch of files then it asks me to hit ESC if I want to skip loading SPTD.SYS, regardless of whether I do or not it reboots a few seconds after.

The worst part of this is that when I try booting from my Windows XP CD it initially goes into the Windows XP CD Boot Up Screen and begins loading all the various drivers and such at the bottom of the screen and asking my to hit F6 if I want to load seperate RAID drivers or whatever finally it gets through all the files and says at the bottom and then says "Starting Windows" and after a bit it gives me the same blue screen of death.

So I can't even use the Windows XP CD to just reinstall windows on my HD.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

2. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

This could be caused by faulty RAM memory. Open the case and remove all the RAM memory and then reinsert 1 single stick and try again. If you get the same results remove that stick and insert a different stick and try again. Keep repeating until you rule out RAM as the culprit. You may also want to try swapping the hard drive with another and seeing if the same thing occurs.

Regards,
    Rollin

3. leonardsix

leonardsix Thread Starter

I did download and burn a MemTest cd and run it on my faulty pc and got no errors. Does that rule out it being a RAM stick issue?

4. Megabite

Megabite

Not a 100% but it is a reasonable indication that the Ram is OK

5. Megabite

Megabite

DO you have Daemon 4 installed on that PC?

6. Rich-M

Rich-M

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/834281

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice