1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue screen of death (possibly gpu related)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by HHCHHC, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HHCHHC

HHCHHC Thread Starter

Hi I just recently downgraded from windows 7 x64 to x86 hoping to fix some BSOD related issues I've experienced with that, and they still don't seem to be solved. I initially thought there was some driver conflict with the 64 bit version but since switching back down to 32 but i've discovered that's not the case. I still have the same problems as before.

I believe it's a video card issue because this usually occurs either when playing a game which requires high gpu processing power or watching a full screen video (ie youtube). My screen freezes, glitches, then turns completely black; forcing me to restart the computer. After logging in I get the BSOD report from the OS telling me it was an error of LocaleID: 1033 and BCCode: 8e.

System specs:
    System manufacturer: Biostar Group
    MoBo: TA790GX A3+
    BIOS: Default System Bios
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUS), 3.4GHz

Memory: 4GB
    DirectX11
    GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5700

800 WATT PSU

I have ran Memtest86 for 20 hours straight with no RAM issues.

If anyone can help me out I'd REALLY appreciate it. I've been struggling with this problem for weeks and it seems as if there's no end in sight.

I have attached my minidumps below.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

I looked at four logs which appear to be random: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a), DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER (f7), APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1), and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50).

I saw one thing strange in your last log; there is a driver named "MpKsl562163e7.sys" dated 03/30/2010 that doesn't show up in the other three logs. It appears to be a randomly generated name that doesn't turn up using Google.

Since you have already tested RAM, maybe next try switching to the on-board graphics for a couple of days to see if you still have problems.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976379

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice