1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Blue screen of death,random freezes, error codes on First New Build

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Btash, Nov 30, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Btash

Btash Thread Starter

Put everything together a week ago, keep getting random freezes and BSOD. Returned the motherboard because i thought it was faulty. Got new motherboard installed and same thing. Desperate for some good help i looked on google as best as i could and no luck. i bought everything new except for the samsung 970 EVO Plus 205 gb m.2. That i bought used without any packaging.

I also cant seem do install the intel graphics driver it says my:
    "no devices were found that match the devices devices supported by the driver."
    my processor is bad?

some of the errors ive gotten.
    whea_uncorrectable_error
    DPC Watchdog Violation
    DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER

any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20191130092257.000000-360
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 13, CPU Count: 16
    Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
    Hard Drives: C: 232 GB (143 GB Free); D: 911 GB (911 GB Free); E: 465 GB (215 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC (MS-7B17), ver 1.0, s/n J416313993
    System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n Default string
    Antivirus: Norton Security, Enabled and Updated

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Uninstall Norton and see. 3rd party antivirus programs cause unforeseeable problems with Win 10.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  3. Btash

Btash Thread Starter

I really hope you are right man. Im not a fan of Norton I just let it install because it was 6 months free. This is my third attempt with msi for this exact same problem. I'm gonna try that right now. Thanks.

4. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Was that a clean/empty drive? Did you do a clean install of windows? Did you install all the mobo drivers?

5. Btash

Btash Thread Starter

I tried uninstalling Norton and got a freeze again. I formated the used m.2 before installing windows pro on it. I also installed all the drivers for the motherboard and still keep getting a blue screen error. Very bummed. I'm considering returning the msi mobo and going with Asus rog maximus hero Xi wifi. I appreciate your support guys.

6. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Yeah....I'm not a big fan of MSI. I do like and own a few Asus mobo and 1 Gigabyte board. My older Asus are still kicking while my newer Gigabyte mobo died after 3 years.

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I agree; not a fan of msi. IMO msi is a mid-level mfg [at best]
    With that said, what are your temps and voltages; specifically cpu temp, 12v, 5V, and 3.3V values?
    MSI has monitoring software usually called command center to monitor the above readings. Post those here. Do this twice; once under a normal load and also when running a stress test ie prime95, OCCT, or IBT [intel burn test]
    You can also use the intel extreme tuning utility which can monitor temps.

In addition, you have not posted the most important part; the exact pw supply you are using. Do not post "500W" Post the exact brand and model# Do the same for your ram as well.

FWIW my motherboard has norton free for download from the support page. I will not use norton even IF it is free.

8. Btash

Btash Thread Starter

i appreciate your guys support but i already went and got an asus maximus xi code. I can i delete this thread?

9. Blu_86

Blu_86

Why leave? why not post pictures of your build with the new motherboard and some benchmarks. Is it stable now?

10. Btash

Btash Thread Starter

Good call man. I got the asus maximus vi code but everytime i restart it goes into recovery mode and then bios then i press f10 and it restarts like nothing???

The Dominator:

20191207_191725.jpg

11. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You cannot change motherboards without clean installing windows unless you follow the procedure outlined at the top of the forum.
    It is going into recovery mode because of not having the correct drivers.

12. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Yeah....I'm still confused by that as well.....

13. Btash

Btash Thread Starter

I had windows installed on both m.2s when I hooked them up to this asus motherboard. I bottled from windows USB boot able drive. I formated both m.2 drives main partitions then installed windows 10 pro. I still keep having this problem, boot twice to restart. I really wish I knew how to fix this damn it.

14. Btash

Btash Thread Starter

Ok I found on the forum a step that I didn't do while installing windows. Purge the drive. I'm gonna give it a try and hopefully that gets it booting normally.

15. Btash

Btash Thread Starter

Just did that step and no luck. Now I have to download everything again. Would I have to swipe clean my other m.2? Also my os m.2 drive won't show on my boot order in bios.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1236459

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice