Blue screen of death

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

charliekim

sometimes when i switch between programs, i get the blue screen and the message is something like, memory dump complete, please contact tech support or your systems administrator.

i've noticed in control panel ----> system ---->advanced tab that the memory was 64 kb. well i've switched that to complete memory....

was that the right move? anyone help?
thank..
God Bless...

i've noticed in control panel ----> system ---->advanced tab that the memory was 64 kb. well i've switched that to complete memory....
What OS are you using? The advanced tab doesnt have any memory listed (at least not in xp..don't have a 2k machine near me but don't remember it there either.)

what exactly did you switch to complete memory?

As to the alt/tab problem, there are several causes for that. the most common being the program you are using doesn't support the function and it crashes.

charliekim

i am using a windows 2000 professional operating system...

it's in the write debugging information frame. and i've switched it to Complete memory dump, and under it there's a section for Dump FIle and the path seems to be %SystemRoot%\Memory.dmp

ah ok.....that just tells windows to do a complete memory dump everytime it crashes instead of a mini dump..doesn't fix anything.

does it do it EVERYTIME you alt-tab or only in certain applications...try opening up 2 notepads. if it crashes then, it might be a windows problem...if its only certain applications, then most likely those programs just dont support the feature

charliekim

yeah, but is it normal that is stays at that blue screen.... i have to keep rebooting my comp...

BSOD means Blue Screen of Death for a reason. That reason is because when you see it your computer is dead until you reboot usually.

You can Edit the Registryso that it reboots automatically instead of blue screening if you prefer.

E

Endemix

I also get the BSOD when ever I try and play NHL 2003 on my XP PRO O/S. But this problem never started happening until I tried using a NHL 2003 crack.

E

Endemix

Now that you mention it...I actually just got rid of a virus recently. Right now I'm using Norton SystemWorks 2003.

Have you tried a repair install of windows?

If you are positive your system is clean and its on applications that you could previously alt-tab between then that would be my next step.

boot from windows cd, hit enter for install, hit F8 for agree, then choose (R) for repair install and see what happens.

E

Endemix

Will a repair install mess any of my other things up? Drivers for example?

no. unless something goes wrong (always a possibility) no settings/drivers/info is lost.

charliekim said:
sometimes when i switch between programs, i get the blue screen and the message is something like, memory dump complete, please contact tech support or your systems administrator.

thank..
God Bless...

thank..
God Bless...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online