Blue screen of death... :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

devildollx

I have a Dell Inspiron 13-7378 that is running Windows 10. The other day I woke up to see this screen. I cannot get past it no matter what I try.. Any help at all would be soooo appreciated right now... BCD_Error.png

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Do you have access to Windows 10 installation media, or do you have access to another PC where you can download it and set up a flash drive? If so, it's not too difficult to sort this issue.

devildollx

Do you have access to Windows 10 installation media, or do you have access to another PC where you can download it and set up a flash drive? If so, it's not too difficult to sort this issue.
The Inspiron 13-7378 doesn't have a disc drive, so I'll have to create a usb drive to reboot it with. I've never done this before however.. Any tips?

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If you mash the F12 button as soon as you power on, you'll be able to get to the boot device menu and choose the flash drive from there. If this doesn't work, power off the laptop and repeat the process, since sometimes you'll have to do this quickly to get to the menu. Once you do that, this article gives a good walkthrough on how to sort the error you're seeing.

dmccoy

Darrin
Download and create a Windows 10 USB/DVD if needed.
Boot from your Windows 10 install media USB/DVD
Select your language preferences and click Next
Click on Repair your computer link at the bottom of the box
Click Troubleshoot at "Choose an option screen" > Click Automatic Repair
Choose an account from the list to continue if needed
Wait for the process to finish

Let us know if this helps or not.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online