1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

blue screen of death...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by leestrauss, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leestrauss

leestrauss Thread Starter

"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you have seen this error screen restart your computer. If the screen appears again follow these steps. Run a system diagnostic utility supplied by your hardware manufacturer. In particular run a memory check, and check for faulty or mismatched memory. Try changing video adapters. Disable or remove any newly installed hardware. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable componenents restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, then select safe mode. Technical information: 0x0000007"

The blue screen almost always occurs when I am in Quickbooks.

anybody have any idea what this message is all about?

2. bobol

bobol

Did you try any of its suggestions?
    First off, perhaps go into your Device Manager and see if there are any red or yellow icons there [start/right click my computer/hardware/device manager] :rolleyes:
    I found this on what may be the type of error problem[seems driver related]
    http://www.pchelplive.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=168

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328173

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice