Blue Screen Of Death

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Shakari

Somebody please help?!!!!
For some time now a computer that I have has been constantly restarting, freezing or just being annoying.
A friend of mine has had a look at it and he can't see any problems. He suggested re-installing windows so I tried that, low and behold enter the Blue Screen, It has an error message ( USBPORT.SYS - Address F83DB50D) If anyone can think of anything please contact me. Ty for ur time.

The entire error message would be more than helpful.

But after reinstalling Windows, did you also reinstall all the motherboard chipset drivers? They would have been lost in a new install, and the system could be limping along on the default Windows ones.

A bit more detail as to Operating System version and hardware make/model would be helpful also.

Shakari

not really much else on the message have given the error code that comes up. I'm running win Xp with hardware that has worked in a previous system. Am using an AMD Athlon Xp cpu with more than enough Ramm. Any thing else I can tell u?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!