1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screen Of Death

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Mike46, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mike46

Mike46 Thread Starter

One of my computers got a blue screen of death last night, it said fatal error and said it was doing memory dump, I powered down and back up a couple of times and it said on black screen no OS found. After a few more times it came back after thinking about it for a long time. Its back up right now but the end could be near. I thought the hard drive was making some strange sounds but could not pin point it, this all happened in about 3 minutes. With this little it of information would you say that its probably the hard drive going out? It has been running a little slow at times like when you type the letters might be a tad bit behind showing up as your typing along, this made me think maybe the processor was going out. Right now its running fine and no problems, but I thought I would just prepare for what's coming.

Specs

6 or 7 years old
    Compaq 5000
    AMD Athlon 1700
    512 ram
    XP Pro

2. bbearren

bbearren

Did you note the Stop error code when you got the blue screen?

3. nct35

nct35

4. defuse3388

defuse3388

Well you need to give us the error code to give the exact details of the blue screen of death, as there are several reasons for the blue screen and the error code helps to identify the relevant one.Next time if you see the blue screen don't forget to note down the error code a well.

5. nct35

nct35

Unfortunatley not as there is something very wrong with my PC that goes far beyond the BSOD.

As Defuse 3388 suggested, the codes are vital for tech support.

E.g:

0x837AB00 0x000000c4 0x000000c7 0x83067AAB

You have to manually write these down.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537632

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice