1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BlUE SCREEN OF DEATH

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by violetz56, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. violetz56

violetz56 Thread Starter

This is my sister's computer problem:
    She is trying to log on to my Dell laptop. Whenever she does attempt to log on, it is giving me the blue screen of death, error messages, as it tries to re-boot.
    She has made a HiJack this log and sent to me yesterday. Since then, she installed Yahoo messenger only. This morning the blue screen error messages with error message. Can you help her? please?
    She has been having problems almost every 2 weeks where she has been having to completely re-format where she has had to re-install her wireless drive, set up internet, re-install sound driver, and re-install Firefox & programs. She said to tell you she is pulling her hair out. Then this morning when attempting to log on (I asked her to go into safe mode) and even in that mode: You misunderstood. there is no password issue.

below is blue screen error message:

Kernal_Data_inpage_error
    ***Stop 0X0000007A
    Technical info:
    0xe17F89C8
    0XC000000E
    0XBF930FBB
    0X147B3860
    ***Win32K.SYS-
    address.BF930FBB
    base at BF800000
    date stamp 45f013f6

I will also and copy and paste her hijack this log she sent to me yesterday. I thought maybe she had a virus but I didn't see anything in the log. Maybe you can see something I am missing. I don't know much about computers like you do.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 8:35:33 PM, on 4/2/2008
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\SfCtlCom.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\BM\TMBMSRV.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\UfSeAgnt.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboTaskBarIcon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\TmProxy.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {724d43a9-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\roboform.dll
    O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &RoboForm - {724d43a0-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\roboform.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UfSeAgnt.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\UfSeAgnt.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Uniblue RegistryBooster 2] C:\Program Files\Uniblue\RegistryBooster 2\RegistryBooster.exe /S
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RoboForm] "C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboTaskBarIcon.exe"
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Customize Menu - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComCustomizeIEMenu.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Fill Forms - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComFillForms.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: RoboForm Toolbar - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComShowToolbar.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Save Forms - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComSavePass.html
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Fill Forms - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F46} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComFillForms.html
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Fill Forms - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F46} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComFillForms.html
    O9 - Extra button: Save - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F49} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComSavePass.html
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Save Forms - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F49} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComSavePass.html
    O9 - Extra button: RoboForm - {724d43aa-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComShowToolbar.html
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: RoboForm Toolbar - {724d43aa-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComShowToolbar.html
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O16 - DPF: {B7D07999-2ADB-4AEB-997E-F61CB7B2E2CD} (TSEasyInstallX Control) - http://www.trendsecure.com/easy_inst...syInstallX.CAB
    O23 - Service: Trend Micro Central Control Component (SfCtlCom) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\SfCtlCom.exe
    O23 - Service: Trend Micro Unauthorized Change Prevention Service (TMBMServer) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\BM\TMBMSRV.exe
    O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\TmProxy.exe
    O23 - Service: Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE

--
    End of file - 4613 bytes

The only thing installed since yesterday was yahoo messenger, please help!
    thanks a lot
    Violet

PS. You guys are the very best! Since my reading of all the helps, settings, and tips here, I rarely ever have any problems with my computer. just wanted to give you guys a heads up!

2. violetz56

violetz56 Thread Starter

you misunderstood, there is no password issue as she never put one on there and she is the only one who uses it.
    please look at her blue screen error message!!

:eek:

3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

If the STOP error is of the "7A" type most likely there is a problem with the hard disk or its IDE controller.

This part of the code suggests the drive may not even be detected:

0XC000000E

Laptop drives can usually be removed and reseated fairly easily, but the battery should be removed along with all power.

You have few choices if no boot method gets you into Windows

All tht follows assumes Windows can detect the drive for the recovery console -- but that may not be the case here.

If the recovery console can be loaded I would suggest first running

chkdsk /r

per this instruction:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ms793989.aspx

http://commandwindows.com/recovery.htm

A last ditch approach that might avoid a clean install, for the resourceful, is to try to use the method below, it also involves use of the Recovery Console.

USING THE RECOVERY CONSOLE TO ACCESS SYSTEM RESTORE

If you do not have an XP CD download rc.iso from Elvandil's post here: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/561576-mom-exe.html#post4622868
    Burn the .iso file to CD. With Nero or Roxio you should only need to "open" the file and it will start the burner's ISO burning program.

DeepBurner can also be used to burn ISO files, I recommend the “portable” version:

http://www.deepburner.com/?r=download

Once that is done, you need to boot with either that or the XP installation CD to the Recovery Console. You may need to ensure that the CD drive is the first boot drive in the BIOS setup if it just boots to the same screen. Setup is accessed by looking for the key to press on the first data you see on the screen -- often F2

Directions are given here:

http://attachments.techguy.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=62075

There are several things to note about this operation.

1 > it is not a "reinstall" of Windows, but a method of accessing System Restore.

2 > all command lines are one line with appropriate spacing -- the doc file does not always reflect this.

3 > you must complete all 3 parts for it to be a proper restore.

4 > in the first part of this document you are given the command:

copy C:\windows\repair\system C:\windows\system32\config\system

you may get a "file not found" when running this command. If you do, substitute this command instead:

copy C:\windows\repair\system.bak C:\windows\system32\config\system

>> See also: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545/en-us
    note the warning in this article. But if you have an OEM system and no other choice but a clean install -- try it anyway.

4. violetz56

violetz56 Thread Starter

I will call her and walk her thru the steps. It may take a while. She may have to reformat first and see what happens if it doesn't allow her to do these steps.
    thank you,(y)
    Violet

5. violetz56

violetz56 Thread Starter

My sister says she has had a problem before of a screw coming loose in bottom of laptap and her husband removed battery and tightened screw and replaced battery and this has solved problems before. Not the same problem i don't think, but has helped before in past.
    Do you think it would help this time?:confused::eek:
    Violet

6. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

If the laptop is being used on battery power only and there was a problem with the battery or its connection -- well I guess that could cause just about anything.

Otherwise, no.

I'd have hubby remove the battery and reseat the disk drive for starters. Just run the laptop on the adapter until the problem can be resolved.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!