1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screen of Death

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sireveris, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sireveris

sireveris Thread Starter

When I opened the laptop I got the blue screen of death so I rebooted it. When it started up it said it coudn't find a core prosesser. HELP?:eek::(:mad::eek:

2. valis

valis Moderator

right click start > explore to open up windows explorer. Click on Tools > Folder Options, > View > make sure that there is a tick next to Display contents of System Folders, Show Hidden Files and Folders is selected, and Hide known file extensions is not selected.

Click on the windows folder in the left pane, and look for a folder called 'mini dump'. Open it, right click on the latest one (they're named by date) and choose to zip it, then attach it here.

thanks,

v

3. sireveris

sireveris Thread Starter

How the heck can I click start if I can't even get on the computer??? Hence the "blue screen of death"

4. valis

valis Moderator

Then you need to be a bit more specific.

Can you boot into safe mode? And do you have your install disk, or a recovery disk?

thanks,

v

5. sireveris

sireveris Thread Starter

no discs, And all I get is a blue screen, can't do anything

oh my bad, not when it started up, I meant when I turned it on.

6. valis

valis Moderator

when you try to boot into safe mode (tap f8 repeatedly as it's booting up) what happens? does it still blue screen out?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!