1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screen Of Death

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ravens42, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ravens42

Ravens42 Thread Starter

Hello,

Im having quite alot of trouble with my computer at the moment, Everytime i try and install something or download something or even run a virus scan i get the BSOD. I get different blue screens such as sometimes ill get IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or PFN_LIST_Corrupt or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA. These are really starting to become quite annoying now. Ive done a memory ram test using Memtest86+. I left it over night and it passed with no errors so it cant be the RAM. My computer specs are

Windows XP Professional
    Service Pack 3
    AMD Athlon XP 2400+ 2Ghz
    1GB of RAM (Brand New)
    PNY Nvidia GeForce 6200 (512MB) With the latest drivers from the Nvidia website
    ASRock K7S8X Motherboard

I hope that is enough info, If you need any more info on the computer please let me know and ill do my best to find it out,

Thanks In Advance,

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

http://www.driverupdate.net/ freee version ( slim drivers)

run and see what pops up

go to start right clcik my comp properties advanced page file click no page file re boot go back and cfeate a new one minimum 3000 max 3000 do not let windows manage it

after that if you have xp disc go to start run type sfc /scannow it will ask for disc pop it in

after that right click C drive properties tools error check tick both boxes re boot

3. Ravens42

Ravens42 Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply, Ive done what you said to do and ive updated all my drivers and changed the page file, I dont have the windows xp disk, And ive changed the error thing, And unfortuntely im still getting BSODs, This time i got PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, Stop code: 0X0000004E (0X000000099, 0X00000000, 0X00000000, 0X00000000) Any Ideas on that?

4. daz1

daz1 Banned

try redoing the page file again

go to http://www.resplendence.com/downloads scroll to who crashed install make sure save a dump file is enabled ( my comp properties advanced stsrt up etc)
    you must do the check disc again both ticks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!