1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screen on shutdown or restart

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Karasu, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karasu

Karasu Thread Starter

Not quite sure what's happening. Every time I shut down Vista I get a blue screen. Happens on restart as well. It seems to be after Vista has completely shutdown, as I can still run any installation that has to restart to finish the install. I'm new to Vista(I actually didn't want to get it, but the girlfriend did so we got Vista) so I'm not sure where I can find the error log. I recently built the machine, and it has been doing this since I built it. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Ooops forgot to add the error:

Ati2dvag.dll

Stop:0x000000CF (0xFFFFF9600082e280, 0x0000000000000008, 0xFFFFF9600082e280, 0x0000000000000002)

Ati2gvag.dll – address FFFFF9600082e280 base at FFFFF96000800000, DateStamp 00000000

2. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

Seems this is a new problem that a lot of people are having. The best advice from other boards seems to be remove the ATI drivers completely (go to ATI site for a complete removal tool) then install an older driver.
    Sorry I cant be more help, if a solution or fix comes up I will be sure to let you know!!

At least you know it is noty something you have done, but apparently a major conflict in drivers.

3. Karasu

Karasu Thread Starter

Link for that driver remover? I can't find it on their site.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!