1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue screen on start up, Acer Aspire laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by susandan, Sep 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. susandan

susandan Thread Starter

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what's going on with our Acer laptop..

Turn it on and we get a blue screen saying the following

STOP: OXOOOOOO7E (OXCOOOOOO5, OX8OCF8640, OX88183554, OX88183250

acpi.sys-Address 80CF8640 base at 80CDE000, Datestamp 4549adb7

Also sometimes goes to a black screen saying repair, click repair and it just keeps going back the the same screen, can't even start it in safe mode.

not had it long so if I can't fix it myself then I'll take it back but would like an idea what's going on!
    Acer didn't supply a disc with it, it's all preinstalled and the operating system is vista home premium.

cheers susan

2. spdabbs

spdabbs

As you've tried all the non-destructive methods, you can restore your PC back to defaults by holding the [Alt] key and tapping F10 as soon as you turn the PC on to access the recovery program. Have you recently installed any new software that could be pinpointed as the cause?

3. susandan

susandan Thread Starter

Hi, no nothing as being installed, done as you suggested then just get the blue screen again as I've said above, also says at top of blue screen, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

thanks anyway

susan

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/618396