Blue screen on start up, various messages

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chriscb

Having a problem with my PC on start up. As soon as the desktop appears the PC will freeze for a couple of seconds then hit me with a blue screen saying 'DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' This is only up very briefly before the PC shuts its self down. I had to take a quick photo of the screen just to be able to read the whole message. I've tried loading in safe mode and got another blue screen saying 'bad_pool_caller' again only lasting a couple of seconds before the PC shut its self down.

Since the PC is only on a few seconds before shutting down i don't have the opportunity to do anything to try and fix it. Any help with solving this or at least knowing whats causing it would b a big help, thanks.

blues_harp28

Hi, is this a desktop or a laptop?
Some reasons for Blue Screens
New hardware - Software installed.
Device driver - Video driver - corrupted - faulty.
Faulty Ram - Overheating - Dying hard drive etc.

Boot [start] your Pc from the Vista install DVD.
Enter System Recovery > Command Prompt
Type
chkdsk C: /f
[Note space after C:]
C: should be where your system is installed.
If not change the drive letter above.

Check Disk - chkdsk
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67612-check-disk-chkdsk.html

TnThelpforum - Vista repair options
http://tnthelpforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=177

'bad_pool_caller' can be linked to faulty Ram.

dai

what are you running
video card brand and model
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage

check the listings in the bios for 12v line voltages and temperatures and post them

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts