1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screen On Startup -> Diskboot Failure, Plz Help Me Fix

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by leperwdup, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leperwdup

leperwdup Thread Starter

My Pc:-
    Win Vista 64bit Ultimate
    CoolerMaster 1000watt PSU RealPower
    Intel Core Duo Q6600
    2 x 2gig Corsair TwinX DDR2 PC6400, 4gig Ram Total
    2 x MSI 8800GTX 768meg OC Edition
    Asus P5N32-E SLI MB
    5 x 750 Seagate HD + 2 x 1Tb Samsung HD

My problem all started about a month ago when my computer would lock up and freeze every 2 days or so, this would require a hard reset to fix. I assumed it was overheating as it is just starting to get hot here again. So i got a fan and put it pointing to the inside of the set to cool it down, as it is the only real way to keep the set cool as it does run pretty hot in summer.

Then 2 days ago the computer froze again and i did a hard reset and after i restarted i got the error "disk boot failure, Insert system disk". So then after this i assumed it must of been a corrupted install of windows all along so i put in my vista cd and try to run the repair and what is does is trys to load the vista disk and then blue screens. So i restart again.

This time it finds the harddrive and starts windows and @ the loading screen before it actually starts windows and loads the part where you login and type your password, it blue screens and restart. After the restart it cannot find the harddrive and i have to turn it off for 2min and then restart for it to find the harddrive again. Otherwise it just cannot find the main harddrive as if it dosnt exist.

So next i assume it must be the harddrive failing as i have had this happen before so what i do is change my sata cords around so that another one of my harddrives is the boot master and i reinstall windows 64bit onto a BRAND new harddrive. This install perfect and then boots up and after about 35min of it being in windows it freezes and restarts on its own this time. And the same problem repeats in the exact same manner as it was happening with the other install of Vista.

Things i have check so far:
    * I have changed harddrives and reinstall vista - so doubt it is vista being corrupt/harddrive failure
    * Changed sata cords - so cant be this i dont think unless several cords are faulty @ the same time
    * Ran Memtest 2 pass's and no errors

Any Ideas or anyone with the same problem that got it fixed plz come forward, if more information is needed i can provide. Please help me, as i dont want to pay some guy $200 to come out and randomly replace parts untill he gets it to work. Thx for you time reading my wall of text.

2. mark.assad

mark.assad

That's a pickle o_O
    The only thing i could think of right now is the motherboard ?
    Im really lost here mate, as much as you are, its probably worthless , but try using 1 x Graphic and 1 x Ram ... I know its stupid, but that way , you will be sure its not the PSu failing , nor a Gpu or the ram.

3. leperwdup

leperwdup Thread Starter

found out wat it was 3 of my harddrives decided to fail @ the same time ... pretty bad luck imo. But ya one of the other harddrives that i had windows installed on also failed, so it jus made it look like it wasnt the harddrive as there was multiple harddrive failures. Such a pain but its all fixed now, jus had to clear out the bad sectors on them took about 3 days sigh.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752446

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice