Blue Screen -> once in a while to every logon

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

confused89

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2080 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 12
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1013 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 112971 MB, Free - 73404 MB; E: Total - 1499 MB, Free - 1347 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, IAKAA, 1.00, 0123456789AB
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011, Updated and Enabled
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did a system recovery couple of months ago because i got infected by a virus. Then i started getting messages saying "Host Process for Windows Services has stopped working"(seems to be the main problem in Event Viewer), so I deleted Qmgr.dat files because I heard that might help, but I can't check for updates in Windows Update because I'm in Safe Mode.
BSOD used to come only once in while and not right after logging in. Now It comes up everytime right after the desktop starts loading.
These are the parameters:
STOP 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8262BF71,0xBOC8091C,0x00000000)

I've tried a couple of troubleshooting things:
-i dont think there is the option to disable BIOS memory options on my system
-the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool found no errors
-Startup Repair Diagnosis found that the ACL's on system32 files are not proper
-SytemFileChecker found no corrupt files but 'duplicate ownership for directory was ignored' for some entries
-Problem Reports and Solutions said there's a USB Driver problem so i disabled the 'USB selective suspend setting'.
-AVG reported an 'Internal software conflict' of
taskmgr.exe
egedit.exe
md.exe
mplayer.exe
winamp.exe
vlc.exe
mpc.exe
msmsgs.exe
msn.exe
- I also tried deleting AVG and installing Avast but I'm not sure it uninstalled completely.

So now I'm just stuck and don't know what to do next.

When you say you did a 'system recovery' did you mean Windows' 'System Restore' where you picked a date, or did you mean you reloaded Windows from your recovery partition ?

I've seen a lot of people comming here saying they 'recovered' from some infection, but still has lingering effects. If so, you should post to the malware removal forum.

confused89

Oh, yeah, that would be a "System Restore" where i picked the date.
So I should post to the malware removal forum?

If you have the Windows DVD, I suggest you try Startup Repair again. If that fails, post to the malware forum.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online