1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screen Problems with New Build

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by noodleplugerine, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noodleplugerine

noodleplugerine Thread Starter

Sorry for this guys - First post here - But never needed help before :x

Started a new build yesterday spec is as follows:

Motherboard: DFI Lanparty UT ICFX3200 T2R/G
    Processor: Intel Core Duo 2.67ghz (Think it's called the E6750)
    Memory: 4gb (4x1gb) OCZ Special Ops 6400 5-5-5-12
    Graphics: Gecube Ati HD2900XT 512mb
    Psu: Coolermaster Real Power Pro 850w
    CPU Fan: Zalman CNPS7700
    Optical no1: LG GSA-H30NBAL Sata DVD-Rw
    Optical no2: LG GDR-8164
    HD: Western Digital Caviar 500gb
    Case: Antec P180
    Also have a Dynamode Wireless card - But pretty sure that's not a problem since the problems still occur when I take it out, and when I put a D-link card in it's place.

During install of windows I had various blue screens which dissapeared when I removed one of the sticks of ram - Checked after windows had installed and it said 3.25gb with the supposed faulty stick in, confirming my suspicion - It's been removed now, leaving me with 3gb of ram and will probably be replaced - Back to the story...

I've installed latest Direct X and latest ATI drivers, but whenever running a heavy duty game or program - Or sometimes even when running a video - the PC either randomly freezes, randomly reboots or randomly Blue Screens giving me errors either saying "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" or pointing at "ati3duag.sys", or "win32k.sys".

Anyone see a fault in the spec in terms of compatibility? And if that's not it, can anybody suggest possible ways I can shorten the list of possible problems?

If anybody would like to look at certain error codes shown during the BSODs I can post them, since I recorded them when I saw them.

Thanks for any help!

2. HalTrout

HalTrout

Have you tried swapping out your video card?

3. noodleplugerine

noodleplugerine Thread Starter

Not yet - Don't have another PCI-E Graphics card at hand this moment and the motherboard doesn't have any onboard as far as I know - Expecting to have another graphics card I can try it with tommorow.

Any other suggestions I can try in the mean time?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594629

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice