1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue screen puzzle

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by hansmax, Nov 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hansmax

hansmax Thread Starter

Does anyone have any ideas or clues as to what the following blue screen message refers to? This is on a Win98SE computer.

"A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 1128:C29AE384 in VXD PCIMP (01) + 00001C24. The current application will be terminated."

This is occuring on a church computer, and I haven't been able to raise anything about this particular code. I have to admit that I'm not exactly an expert on blue screen messages. Any input would be appreciated.

2. swwelsh

swwelsh

the code is rarely helpful, that's just the memory address where a program failed. A better approach is to minimize startup programs by going to start/run/msconfig/startup, maybe run a virus and spyware scan. If you can relate the error to the installation of new hardware or software, remove or reinstall whatever caused the problem. More information would also help:
    -can you reproduce the error?
    -does it always happen in a particular program?
    -any other details

3. golferbob

golferbob

have you tried " system file check " ?

4. hansmax

hansmax Thread Starter

We'll give it a shot when we can.

5. bigballa182

bigballa182

i know next to nothing about the 'blue screen of death', but i would try what bob said.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/417140

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice