1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screen Reboot due to unknown device driver problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rzhj8s, Nov 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rzhj8s

rzhj8s Thread Starter

I am encountering frequent 'blue screen' reboots on my Windows XP SP2 System. Upon reboot, I get an online crash diagnosis indicating that I have a problem with an 'unknown' device driver. Any ideas on how I can diagnose and correct this problem?

2. valis

valis Moderator

need to get more info. there should be a list of hex (00E000BF) blah de blah that would be helpful in diagnosing it. Also, a few things:

1. have you added/removed any hard/software recently?
    2. how long has this been going on?
    3. Does the blue screen stay up long enough to read? If not, right click my computer, go to advanced, startup and recovery, and make sure that the 'auto reboot' is unticked'.
    4. How far in the reboot can you get? Can you get past POST? BIOS? Can you get all the way to windows?

the more ammo, the more likely someone here can kill this problem, to coin an analogy.

v

3. physician

physician

Welcome to the forums

Valis is right, we need more info. Also, does it sometimes boot up and then all of a sudden crash? Is it a new or old system? Have you done any recent hardware changes? Do you blow it out every once in a while with some compressed air? I would check all the cables, vid card, plugs etc. Is the fan blowing on the power supply? Sometimes these intermittent crashes are related to a power supply about to go out. Are all the fans working - cpu, case fans, etc? Lots of things to check...doc

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/417411

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice