1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue screen...screen going black...must have a virus.

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by cowboyj28, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cowboyj28

cowboyj28 Thread Starter

Ran MBAM but couldn't complete, said it had to shut down. Then got the error message DrWatson Postmortem Dubugger encountered a problem and needs to close. The error report showed this file.....Temp\WER345a.dir00\drwtsn32.exe.mdmp
    Tried to run MBAM in safe mode but wouldn't complete, said it had to shut down, so I restarted my computer and got the blue screen: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ....dump of physical memory. Then tried to restart windows started then went to black screen. Don't know if I have a virus, if my hard drive is going, or what. Please someone help. I need my computer for school, and it's been causing me so many aggravations, and I really need help.

2. cowboyj28

cowboyj28 Thread Starter

Also, I got fed up with Avira, it kept giving me error messages, and it wouldn't update. I posted on their forum, but was told to post a hijackthis log but they didn't find anything. So I uninstalled Avira, and installed AVG Free 9.0. I started to run the scan, and somewhere near the beginning my computer screen went black again, so I have to force a reboot. Now I get the error message system has recovered from a serious error.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921546

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice