1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screen Stop: 0x00008086 error Can't even get into safe mode

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Nervouswreck, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nervouswreck

Nervouswreck Thread Starter

Hi,

I've got a massive problem with my laptop. Everytime I load it up I get a blue screen and the 'technical information' STOP:0x00008086. I have seen answers to this where it is suggested you go into safe mode and then follow various steps from there, however when I press F8 I get a loud beeping noise and the computer carries on loading before coming up with the same blue screen.

I am able to get into Setup Utility (F2) and Boot Manager (F12) but thats all.

Help would be massively appreciated

Thanks

2. pip22

pip22

On some computer's you don't press F8 to bring up the Windows Advanced Startup options. You have to press the key for "Switch Screen" when the manufacturer's splash-screen appears. That will bring up the startup options which include Safe Mode.

On my PC, the "Switch Screen" key is the Esc key but yours may be different. It should tell you on the splash-screen.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!