1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

blue screen - stop c000021a fatal system error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rajnag, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rajnag

rajnag Thread Starter

hello.. i am new to this forum... i am not very techno savvy... my comp screen has turned blue and is giving an error msg.

stop: c000021a (fatal system error)
    the windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000)
    the system has been shut down..

i have a dell drivers and utilities cd for reinstalling dell inspiron and xps system software. but when i try installing that i again get a msg that says

your cd/dvd drive during this boot cycle is f::

a ramdisk drive is available for this boot cycle as C::
    it contains several hard drive setup tools. please use these tools only under the direction of dell support staff.

f:\>

what do i do?? i need to reinstall the operating system.. dont know how to do it.. please help...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!