1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

blue screen, stop message, memory not read and more

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by phoenix77, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phoenix77

phoenix77 Thread Starter

I really need some help with my current problems which i am sure is related to some kind of compatability issue.
    My pc has begun frezzing or crashing particuarly in game play and the fans run high speed most of the time an issue i have had for a few months.

My CPU is a steady 47 c and the memory at 39 well within thresholds.
    When i have tried to update my motherboard settings it errors with the messages the irq is not less or equal too, i have never updated the bios because i have never needed to and im not confident doing so.
    Mem test does not find any areas though if i put 4x 1gb memeory sticks in the machine the pc errors only letting me run with 2 (slots 1&3) again i belive this is a bios setting.
    My current messages are the stop nv4_disp.dll and a series of stop messages, access violation the memory can not be read and memory dump is becoming more common.

Please note the pc is virus/trojan/bot free and these issues only occur during game play (WOW and Knight online) i defaulted all settings to minimum and the machine is not overclocked yet i can get as many as 10 game crashes , program frezze or pc shutdown in less than an hour.
    Do you think this is a software or hardware issue?

I would really appreciate any help iam pulling my hair out, i am pretty good with understanding pc workings though this is way behond me.

Windows xp home
    Intel extreme dual x6800 processors
    4gb ram (2 fitted)
    ASUS p5N32-SLI PREMIUM MOTHERBOARD
    NVIDEA GEFORCE 7950 GX2 GRAPHICS CARDS
    Bios version 0401 9/20

Many thanks

2. stressfreesoul

stressfreesoul

Look at the list at the other end of this link.
    If your RAM isnt in that list, then it might be the problem.

3. stressfreesoul

stressfreesoul

Double post. Edited.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758824

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice