1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screen... then lots of trouble...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by t3h r34p3r, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. t3h r34p3r

t3h r34p3r Thread Starter

Today when I turned on my computer I got a blue screen with critical errors. After restart I noticed that my computer could not find my D drive AND my network adapter.

2. rbailey0744

rbailey0744

not sure on the blue screen.. as this happens from time to time with everybody's computer.. there are different critical errors all the time that will cause your computer to shut down.. sometimes it does it just to have a good time..

although as far as the drivers that are missing....
    go to my computer
    right click on open spot and go to properties
    go to hardware
    and click on the device manager
    any devices there with a ? mark beside them.. need to b reinstalled.. just click on them and on the main screen it'll say reinstall

3. t3h r34p3r

t3h r34p3r Thread Starter

now getting a blue screen whenever I try to boot up.

4. rbailey0744

rbailey0744

okay first try to do a system recovery.. and do it to a time period that you know that your computer worked last!!!

if not then here's another option.......

okay so im goin to assume you have more then one harddrive correct?!
    soo try this..
    disconnect all extra parts.. extra hard drives, cd rom's burner's exct.
    extra video and sound cards and virtually anything you have connected and dont need... try to boot up your computer.. if u still get that blue screen then you more then likely have a harddrive that is crashing or ready to crash or some sectors in your hard drive are going bad which will cause your hard drive to crash soon enough..

soo b4 you'll know for sure that it is a bad harddrive... you'll have to run a test on it.. get back to me if u still are having problems and ill explain

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!