BLUE SCREEN Win2K Svr

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mr_yalC

I have ran HD read and write tests which went OK!!!

After that, I then formatted w/ manufacturer's disk as well as when I load Win2k Svr, I format in NTFS!!!

Then when I am loading the OS... it gets to various percents or after I have selected components then I get the BLUE GOO....

INACCESSABLE BOOT DEVICE...
BAD ADDRESS...
SOMETHING ABOUT NTFSKERNEL.EXE...
UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP !!!

Brooks

DO you have a dos boot disk with fdisk handy?

If you do, boot from it, run fdisk /mbr to reset the master boot partition. Then install 2000 server.

Forget the manufacturers boot disk. I have had computers that would not recognize a hard drive when using those manufacturer's hard drive setup disks.

Mr_yalC

Thx for replying.... Yeah I cleaned the mbr.... But it looks like I am going to have to send the HD in for swap. I am awaiting for an RMA from the manufacturer.

Good thing too. My warranty ends 2/02.....

So ppl.. when yer HD is starting to act a little funky... SWAP that puppy!!!

Western Digital's are notrious for dying RIGHT after warranty ends.... And although this izza SamSung. I learned my lesson a couple of years ago.

Again.. THX for your reply.

And how did you come to the conclusion that the hard drive was bad? Just becasue you get a BSOD stating inaccessible boot device does not mean it's bad. Is this an IDE or SCSI drive? Format it as FAT, you can always convert it later.

Mr_yalC

OK. JUST for the fun of it... Formatting in FAT @ 1am.

Well. it is 1:10 am and get this....
STOP: 0x0000001E blah blah blah KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Address 8046631E base at 8040000 DateStamp 384d5a76 - ntoskrnl.exe

Cogito Ergo Sum
I gotta trade the HD before the warranty ends anywayz so it looks like my svr will just have to wait a few weeks.

Mr_yalC

Well. I have sent the HD to the manufacturer this morning.

Lets see what happens in the next 2 weeks I supposed it will take .

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online