Blue screen with cursor after sign in

Karomatic

I keep getting a blue screen after sign in with a moveable cursor. My display adapter is up to date, my bios is set, i can pull up cmd prmpt up from task manager but cannot bring up explorer, control pannel from task manager. I dont have a backup file, and when i try to reset my pc and keep files it says my password is wrong when i try to use it but it works when logging in afterwards before the blue screen. Any advice on what i should try?

plodr

Liz
What does the blue screen say? Please include words and the first number but not the three in parentheses.

Karomatic

There are no words, after sign in it will say welcome for a few moments and then the screen will stay blank and blue with the moveable mouse cursor.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If it received an update, it may be still running that update in the background. How long do you leave the blue screen for?

Karomatic

I tried to do an update but it reversed it and un did the changes. I leave the screen on for 30 minutes and the longest an hour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online