New blue screen with error 0x000001d8

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sloveniangirl

Hello there!
I have this Acer Aspire V3 -574 just a couple of months now, like 3-4 months. I have then updated to window 10.
Lately I have been having this problem: While using the pc (usually being on the internet) my computer would get a blue screen of death and shut down. It is the 0x000001d8 error (it is written below the text).
This would happen irregularly at random times, sometimes right away , sometimes a few days apart...
So I searched the internet but I have not found any help for my specific problem.
Well they claim (on forums and stuff) that this is a trojan/virus thing, but I don't really believe that.
The thing is ( i have to admit that) I have some illegaly downloaded games from pirate bay- Sims 4, Sims 3- which doesn't work anymore because of problems with compatibillity and also Office Pro plus (which I didn't have when this problem first appeared). And I know this cracks use trojans to trick anti-viruses. I don't belive the crack has a virus itself.
Windows defender gave me false positives on 3 occasions for the files that I illegaly downloaded, even if I choose allow( so it would stop). Window defender would even delete some files on his own (the Origins).
Anyway, I have tried several (3) fixes (Windows update, something I don't even know anymore.., I have not tried going in safe mode because it would probably not solve the problem i have) and for a while it was fine and now it is happening again. It doesn't happen like every 3 minutes but it does several times a day.
I think the problem is in the anti-virus software. I have also McAfee (the free version) which I allegedly turned off but I'm not really sure it is trully turned off ( I haven't really found how to turn off the whole program). Windows defender is currently on. And I think it is the problem.I don't think this is happening because of cracked files but something else. Although I don't know why. Maybe it's the Windows 10 or anti-virus software problems... But I am no expert, just a girl who knows computers a little bit with a gamer boyfriend who tries to help.

INFORMATION:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 61 Stepping 4
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8106 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 935061 MB, Free - 763548 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, USOPP_BH
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

What causes this error?
Is it true, like they say in those forums, it will destroy the computer over time?
How can I solve this problem?
Which anti-virus software would you recommend for my case?

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online