1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screen Woes

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by shevy61, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shevy61

shevy61 Thread Starter

Machine is a Dell Latitude E5500 running Windows XP Pro. Normal boot into Windows ends in a blue screen right as Windows is about to load with the message Registry Error and the stop code 0x00000051 (0x00000004, 0x00000001, 0xE206CB98, 0x013D3020. Attempting to boot into Safe Mode or Last Known Good produces the same error. So I figured I would boot to the XP CD and try to repair, or reinstall (nothing much worth saving on this laptop). I am able to successfully point the boot sequence to the CD, it runs through the process of loading files, gets to the point where it says "Loading Windows", and there it blue screens again with the Stop Code of 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000. It never makes it to the Welcome to Setup screen, so I can't initiate a repair or reinstall, and I can't get to the recovery console. I'm sort of stumped as to where to go from here. Any help or thoughts on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

3. shevy61

shevy61 Thread Starter

I have tried to boot to the XP CD to repair or reinstall at least 20 times, and always get the blue screen and Stop Message as noted above BEFORE the Welcome To Setup screen appears. As it stands, I cannot get to the Recovery Console or to the option to reinstall the operating system. I've reinstalled Windows many, many times, both a clean wipe of the disk, and a repair installation, and I'm familiar with the recovery console. My problem is that the machine blue screens before I have the option of selecting either one. I would be willing to wipe the disk completely, I just can't get into setup to do it.

4. Timuuro

Timuuro

My experience with blue screens is a failing video card.

5. caribconsult

caribconsult

I would agree your problem is most likely failing hardware...could be the video card, could be RAM, could be chipset failure on your motherboard. I'd try another video card, a plain vanilla one, before trashing anything else. If that doesn't cure it, yank one of the RAM modules assuming you have more than one and the machine will run on just one, or put a different RAM stick in and try again.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!