Blue Screen :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dkmystery

I have Windows XP sp 2, 2gb ram, 250gb hard disk. According to the Disk Defragmenter, my c drive has 47% free disk space. I haven't installed any new hardware or software recently, other than a new UPS system. :)
And in the last one week I have encountered the BSoD twice. I wrote down what I got for the first time, the 2nd time it was something about not enough disk space...

Here's the first time I got the error:
Page fault in non paged area

Please help me determine what the issue is. Vendors here simply go for re-installing the OS from scratch and not into analyzing the error messages :confused:

Phantom010

Trusted Advisor
Can you post a few of your latest minidump files? They are located in C:\WINDOWS\Minidump. ZIP them and attach them to your next post.

Right-click the minidump file, select Send To, then select Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Windows will compress (zip) the file and save the new zipped file in the same location.

If the Minidump folder is empty, you'll need to configure Windows to create minidump files:

How to Configure Windows to Create Minidump Files

blues_harp28

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
win32k.sys

Have you made any changes with the Virtual memory settings?

blues_harp28

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Run a Memory test.
http://www.memtest.org/
http://www.memtest86.com/download.html

Download and burn the ISO to CD
Boot from that CD and run the memory test overnight or at least for a few hours.

Edit.
2Gb Ram you say - missed that.
You are still using Service Pack 2 - update asap to SP3.

Also..check Device Manager.
Click Start button>run>type
devmgmt.msc

Check for any yellow exclamation marks.
A driver may need updating.

dkmystery

Thanks for the links, I'll use them tonight.

As for Ram, I right clicked on 'my computer' and I get info:
2.70GHz, 1.99 gb ram

it isn't 256mb! is the ram faulty?

blues_harp28

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Run the Mem test - best to do so on the individual sticks, if you can.
How many sticks of Ram do you have installed?

dkmystery

1. will going for sp3 have any effect on the softwares I use? like Dreamweaver etc.
2. I ran 'devmgmt.msc', no exclamation marks

dkmystery

I have one stick of 2gb ram, shall I sell it and get a new one? or 2 sticks that'll combine to make 2gb ram?

blues_harp28

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I have one stick of 2gb ram, shall I sell it and get a new one? or 2 sticks that'll combine to make 2gb ram?
No - just run the Mem test for now - let us know the result.
Also check Device Manager as suggested above.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online