1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by solarant1, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solarant1

solarant1 Thread Starter

I am running windows xp pro and yesterday I booted the laptop and it booted up fine and ran for about three minutes then I got a blue screen saying a problem was detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage etc etc.
    The computer wont stay on long enough to try system restore, and when I try to set safe boot I get a black screen listing system 32 and drivers. When I go to run and do msconfig and try to put a checkmark in safeboot it wont let me and the egg-timer just turns until the laptop shuts down
    When the computer boots it displays a a invalid boot ini file, booting from C;windows on top left of screen , then it boots and shuts down as explained above

The technical information on the screen is as follows

stop: 0x0000008E (0x0000005, 0x80637F4D,0xA8A4599C, 0x00000000)
    Can anyone help me with this problem

2. solarant1

solarant1 Thread Starter

I finally got the laptop to boot in safe boot and it stays on. Anyone out there know how I can fix this in safe mode.

3. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Can you post a few of your latest minidump files? They are located in C:\WINDOWS\Minidump. ZIP them and attach them to your next post.

Right-click the minidump file, select Send To, then select Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Windows will compress (zip) the file and save the new zipped file in the same location.

If the Minidump folder is empty, you'll need to configure Windows to create minidump files:

How to Configure Windows to Create Minidump Files

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!