blue screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dpsat

Using windows xp home edition. If I try to defrag, or use disk cleanup I get a stop (blue screen) with the message Driver_irq_not_less_or_equal
next line idechndr.sys listing the following addresses
F87870F8
base at F8784000
datestag eBD89C65

it then shows the following
stop 0x000000D1
(0x00000014,0x00000002,0x00000000,0xF87870F8)

It then states that it is dumping memory

How do I attempt to fix this problem? win xp will not allow me to go back to an earlier date of win xp????Help!

sy2

Give this a shot, found it on a different forum:

1. Go to: Control Panel System Hardware and select Device Manager.
2. Under "System Devices" look for "Intel Ultra ATA storage driver" and double click to open the properties window. Then switch to the "driver" tab.
3. If the option is available, click "Roll Back Driver" and te system will revert back to the pre- IAA installed driver.

=================================================================
--------------------------------------------------------------- ================================================================

Hi everybody, this is my experience with the famous "irql_not_less_or equal" bluescreen : For me, it comes when I boot my computer, during the "XP loadscreen". So decide to look at the file in cause. It was the idechndr. sys. In fact, I use the "intel application accelerator" soft, because I have a intel chipset. So I decide to desinstall the last upgrade version of INtel App Acc v2.3, and to reinstall the original version from my CD rom, the 2.2. NO MORE SCREEN BLUE! Thanks intel :) "
================================================================

Both suggestions are from this forum, near the middle of the page: http://www.pcnet-online.com/discus/messages/449/4756.html?1108393688

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts