1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screen!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Williamtell, Jan 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Williamtell

Williamtell Thread Starter

I keep getting the fatal blue screen with the reference 0028:C003074 in VxD called from 0028:C00304b in VxD. It happens usually when I am on line, but iddle. Can anyone please help?
    Pentium III, Windows ME operating system

2. beach51

beach51

Hi Williamtell,sometimes these errors are caused by sound card or video card drivers.Try this,Right click on MY Computer,click properties,device manager>do you see any yellow ! next to anything there?

3. Williamtell

Yes, at "Wave device for voice modem." I tried to search for a new driver but came up empty handed. It says manufacturer not identified. Any ideas?

Thanks

4. beach51

beach51

Ok,try this.Right click on modem in device manager>click properties>click on drivers>click on update drivers and see if windows will install the drivers for it.

5. Williamtell

Tried it twice. Couldn't find driver. Any advice?

Thanks

6. beach51

beach51

Do you have a restoration C/D?If you do you might be able to get the need drivers from there.If not and you tried the manufr for updated drivers am lost as to what to try next:D But am sure someone will have some ideas to try.

7. ratchet

ratchet

Williamtell,
    Try unplugging modem, boot, shutdown and plug it back in.
    Hopefully windows will pick up new hardware and install driver.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66435

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice