Blue Screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Franghurst

I'll try to be brief. After two weeks with my new Dell 530s, I started experiencing a blue screen and reboot when trying to shut my computer off. The error on the blue screen:

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
STOP: 0x0000000a (0x000002F4, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x81FA4E79)

Additional Info:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 000002F4
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000001
BCP4: 81FA4E79
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

After countless hours on the phone with Dell, the conclusions at this point are:

1. Culprit is DVD burner which came installed on the computer (TSSTcorp DVDRW DL TS H653B).

2. When the burner is ENABLED, and I try to shut the computer off, I get the blue screen and reboot, but when it is DISABLED, the computer shuts down fine.

3. The burner functions fine when it is enabled, and according to diagnostics, there are no mechanical problems.

Any help would be appreciated, but at this point I would settle for a translation of the STOP code and the additional information into english so that I would have some idea where the system is saying the problem is.

Thanks for any help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts