1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

blue screen

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by shady186, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shady186

shady186 Thread Starter

occassionaly from sleep or hibernation (mostly from battery rundown) my pc will not startup. the lights will come on but nothin on the screen so i woiuld have to force shutdown & restart 2 or 3 times

sometimes d bluescreen wil appear & ask me to remove external devices which i dnt normally use or says prob wid driver 0x00000428 & i dnt know wat that stands for. please help

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Does it mention a STOP code ? And which Driver was it saying ?

3. w7pro

w7pro

You can try doing a Windows Update to see if your driver will update. You also might want to reconfigure your power options to prevent battery drainage. I haven't heard of blue screens from just battery rundown before, but hopefully this will be of some help.

-- Ryan
    Windows Outreach Team

4. shady186

shady186 Thread Starter

unfortunately i dont recall exactly if it mentions a stop code

but it doesnt mention a driver, jus talks about recently installed apps & drivers which usually isnt the issue

& it gives that code 0x00000428

sometimes my intel graphic accelerator,..most often when using hp support idk kinda shuts down then restarts (dnt know if im making sense)

read something also about antivirus updates causin d prob

dont know if its the avast im using but jus dont want d case wher my harddrive crashes so i wanna resolve it

5. w7pro

w7pro

Well, if you can get to it, you can try to uninstall the programs that you think is causing harm. At least, you can rule them out if you're still getting errors. But again, that's if you can access them to begin with.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977196

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice