1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screens for no reason

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bagger123, Sep 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bagger123

bagger123 Thread Starter

I have used my computer for many years without a porblem and now suddenly all i see are blue screens tellign me that theres a problem. The screen shuts down quickly and i dont have time to write everything down.
    so far it says there was a problem
    and gave me this
    0X0000000A
    0X544ff49d
    0X000000002
    0X00000000
    0X804... and it shut off
    can anyone tell me what to do. please help.
    i searched the other threads on this but i need personalized help on this one.
    thanks

2. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

From what I've read that is probably a device driver. You might try Last known good. Press F8 when you see windows loading, then pick last know good. If that does not work try going into safe mode, F8 again will give you that option.

3. cybertech

Oh and you could try the vga mode if you think it could be your video drivers.

4. bagger123

bagger123 Thread Starter

i tried the lasty know good configuration but that didnt work so could you tell me what i should do in safe mode and vga mode to get rid of this problem. Also can you tell by the numbers what is wrong with the computer
    thanx

5. cybertech

0X0000000A, indicates a device driver problem. Have you recently added say a video card, modem, network card...anything?

I suggested vga mode to perhaps get past a bad video driver.

I did not have time, yet, to fully investigate the other strings of numbers, but I think this is followed by irq_less than_ or not equal to...

I'll try and dig some on that. If you press the Pause/Break key while the blue screen is up you may be able to capture the entire message.

6. cybertech

Here's some reading from M$ which will probably not mean much but substantiates my theory.

I'm still digging...

7. dai

dai

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165972

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice