1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screens of Death w/XP - dump user started ....

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dragonlord, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dragonlord

dragonlord Thread Starter

I have been repeatedly getting Blue Screens of Death w/XP where a dump user starts. I redid the HD several times with no success, then I tried the HD in new system, same problem, soooooo I bought a new HD and installed XP, then my MB drivers, then updated my drivers and then updaed XP. I did a create system restore point for every major step. Everything seemed okay up to this point. SP2 was installed, and all it's updates - again no problems.

I began installing my work software - MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, etc - no problems.

Used some of the program with no problems. And then installed Norton's SystemWorks and lived updated - no problems. Did Virus updates and scan - no problems. I though it was all smooth sailing, boy was I wrong. All of a sudden my VPU began doing recoveries so I got more Updates for Via and Ati, so far so good.

I was working on some graphics and WHAM! The Blue Screens of Death hit me and started a dump user. Same darn thing that happended with the old HD and with other system. So when I rebooted I ran SystemsWorks and it found this - Missing Program Files: C:\Windows\system32\mapisrvr.exe cannot access neccessary file, gapi32.dll

Is this the cause of the Blue Screen from Hell? (Yes I believe in hell and that it is a Blue Lake of Fire - not Red! It's Blue I tell you, I just know it! and Computers are the instruments that will take us there - Muhahahahahha)
    Okay back to reality, sorry momentary lapse in senility.

How do I fix this little booger? The SystemsWorks is a joke on fixing it. Hey but at least it may have found my Blue Screen problem.???I pray.....

2. dragonlord

dragonlord Thread Starter

I still need help. Anyone? Anyone?
    Hello, anyone out there ere ere ere re re re e e... "His echo hauntingly comes back and chases him down, empty, void of life, no help is to be found. :( "

3. natcom

natcom

upgrade your video card drivers

4. natcom

natcom

and try this start run type cmd that will open a new window then type this CHKDSK /R /F

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273955

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice