Solved Blue Snow USB Mic, Win8.1 Pro 64 bit - yellow ! in Dev Mgr

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

webpager

Just acquired a Blue Snow USB Microphone. I have a
Lenovo
ThinkPad
T430 i5 3320, 12 gb RAM,
Win 8.1 Pro 6.3.9600

Bought the Microphone from a friend. Was and continues to work on his Win7 machine.

I plug it in and it appears to install and it shows on DEVICES but does not show up in SOUND under recording tab. The tab does show my built in microphones and my BT headset microphone. On the DEVICE MGR it shows a yellow exclamation point in front of the correct named device under SOUND, VIDEO AND GAME CONTROLLERS.

I am using the same cable that was and continues to work on the Win7 machine, and it works with a printer (it uses a USB-A to USB-B). I have used different USB ports on the computer including both USB2 and USB3. With any of the ports, the computer recognizes the device with the correct name in DEVICES. I have used the USB hub that is built into the charger. No difference.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Blue Snow in the DEVMGR listing.
I have gone to the Lenovo site and made sure all my drivers are up to date.
I have made sure Windows and Win drivers are up to date.
I have checked the OEM website for the mic. They state it is PnP and do not provide a driver.

I have confirmed, as a microsoft community thread showed, that on the SERVICES screen, INTERACTIVE SERVICES DETECTION was set to automatic and not manual.

I'm out of ideas and hope you can help.

Thanks,
WP

webpager

Not sure why it's working on my friend's Win7 machine, but found this on the OEM site. If anyone knows a fix, great. Otherwise I don't expect anyone to do a ton of research, etc.

Thanks.

upload_2017-9-15_19-49-44.png

Attachments

webpager

I tried most of those things. For the person on that page that is claiming to stop a driver from installing, I call bull$hit. It's a digital mic, not an analog device. It's not going to work without some software telling the OS what it is.

Another mutual friend of the one that sold me the mic has one as well. His doesn't have S/N listed, indicating it's newer. Plugged in and works. The first friend gave me the money back and the 2nd friend sold me his for $5 more than the other one. The mutual friend is also running Win7 and the older mic doesn't work on his machine. The original seller must have done something. I asked if he upgraded from XP to Win7 but he said no. He doesn't remember what he did to get it working.

I'd like to leave this open for a few days in case anyone has a solution. If not, I'll mark it solved.

Thanks

managed

Allan
Fair enough. Complicated issue, you might get lucky and someone will post a solution.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online