1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Blue tint on screen at times

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by gump52, Oct 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gump52

gump52 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A6-5400B APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 21 Model 16 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 7374 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7540D, 768 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 1861 GB (1817 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1850
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled . I have a problem with a blue tint on my monitor. it comes and goes, it also flickers for a while at times. I have been trying things like turning my night setting off, and I tried screwing around with color settings, but obviously I have had no luck. So I would appreciate any help I can get here.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi gump52, and welcome to TSG.

What kind of video connection do you have between the monitor and the computer? A loose connection or an intermittent break in the red analog video line of a VGA cable could cause the bluish tint.

What is the brand and full model number of your monitor? If the monitor has on screen menus, pull up a menu when you are having the tint or flickering problem and see if the menu is showing the problem as well.

3. gump52

gump52 Thread Starter

I'm sorry it took so long to get back here. I appreciate the help, this is a great site. I checked the cable to the moneter, and it was not connected properly. Once it was properly connected, no more blue tint. Again thank you very much for your help.

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    You're welcome. Glad to hear there was a simple solution.

You can mark this topic as "Solved" using the button by the first post.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217336

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice