Bluescreen: Driver-problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PetitJedi

STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x7FFDE010,0x00000002, 0x00000000, oxBBAS3A08)

DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

adress bbas 3A08 base at BBA4C00, Datestamp 457101916 lzx32.sys

Starts stocking physical memory

This is the blue-screen I've been getting earlier today. A couple of weeks ago I had one reminding of it, even if the numbers weren't the same.

From the research it seems I have a driver-conflict, but I don't know excactly which drivers are causing me troubles, neither what I should do about it.

Am I right? Please do help me, my last blue-screen cost me 100 euro so I'm worried.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Now this looks to be a larger problem then you first realised. A quick search on google for lzx32.sys shows it to be a virus. Not a good start, what antivirus/spyware are you running if any?

PetitJedi

Heh, well from what I've heard nobody's been getting spam from me, but I'll ask...

And agh looks like I'm not getting much sleep tonight then. From a bit of my research it seems to be a rootkit too, which worries me. I really wouldn't be able to do with a rootkit-infection right now.....

PetitJedi

Right, so in my attempt to follow those steps (I will do it today) I have here this little question ...

Turning off System Restore deletes all previous restore points. You must create new restore points once you turn System Restore back on.

How do create new restoire points? What IS new restore points?

Okay, so Ive been into this thing for 4 months, I'm not great with it yet.

PetitJedi

So, I decided to do a regular check-up with my Norton before starting this whole removing-virus-process and here is what I found......

Whaaat? How come my virus-scanner isn't installed? *panicks* I'm not quite sure what that means, but it doesn't look good to me.... could this be the reason why I've been attacked by trojans, viruses, and many other of gods unliked creatures lately?

PetitJedi

Even bigger problem...

I have done the research for my Restore Points-question.

Now, my real problem would be - in order to run the thing, I need the Windows XP CD.... which I do not have!!! I can't restart the computer using the Windows Recovery Console.

Besides, I am not an advanced user as it is recommended you should be.

.... What do I do? *panic*

Slow down there mate, right we'll do this another way

First to turn off system restore, right click my computer, click properties. Then click the system restore tab and make sure the box next to turn off system restore on all drives is checked.

Next step

Since you don't have norton antivirus we'll have to get you another antivirus. I myself would recommend avast antivirus which I use myself. It's free so don't worry about that. Install it and when it asks say you want to run a definition update and a boot time scan. Restart your computer and leave it as avast should kick in and scan for you. You may want to be slightly around as it will prompt you with what you want to do with a virus. Delete is recommened. Once you've done that, come back here and I'll get you to do some more steps

This virus does seem like just a spam bot rather then being a little bugger that disables antivirus. I doubt it had the potential, still no harm in trying the online ones, though they won't be able to remove everything as some files will be in use, hence why a boot time scan was looking to be the best option!

Online scans always the best option. Whatever is in system already didn't handle what is there and in this case it appears to have disabled what is onbaord besides.

PetitJedi

Heh nasty little things. Mean people writing viruses, spambots and trojans! So anyway, right I'll get to do some online scans, I've already done plenty in order to make a hijackthis-log (still not finished, gah this process is so incredibly long) but I'll see what these bring....

PetitJedi

Draken said:
Slow down there mate, right we'll do this another way

First to turn off system restore, right click my computer, click properties. Then click the system restore tab and make sure the box next to turn off system restore on all drives is checked.
Do you mean 'turn off restore points' or 'disable restore points'?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online