1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bluescreen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Kasterborus, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kasterborus

Kasterborus Thread Starter

Hey guys,

I have an ASI Amata S96SP laptop that has bluescreened on me. I can't get past the boot sequence for it, apparantly the Luser was using it, typing a word document, and then, it just bluescreened and died, and won't come back up.

Here is the Stop Message:

0x0000007B (0xBACEF524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Now, a quick Google Search told me nothing, except for "Have you tried **?" which was entirely unhelpful as a message, as it is nothing to do with this computer.

Anyways, long time Microsoft User, long time Microsoft Lover, I don't mind Windows, I managed to skip the bad versions (Went from MSDOS->3.11->98->XP) and have had collectivley about 6 Blue Screens in that time.

I was just wondering if in your great collective knowledge I may be able to poke this brain with a pointy stick and get an answer.

Cheers,

-Kaster

2. huggie54

huggie54

have you tried using aboot disc,tell a friend to run you one off if you did not make your own.Then i should refomat.

3. huggie54

huggie54

have you tried using aboot disc,tell a friend to run you one off if you did not make your own.Then i should reformat.

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Essentially that error relates to the structural integrity of the drive data needed for Windows to recognize and access it on boot. In some cases this is due to actual hardware issues -- in others the essential drive data is just damaged.

The system may need to be clean installed, and or the drive replaced.

About all you can do is try to load the recovery console or other bootable media and run chkdsk /r on it.

Do you have an XP installation CD?

http://commandwindows.com/recovery.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324103

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759322

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice