Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LahiruK

I have a problem with my computer. The computer screen is tinted blue. There is no problem with the cables. I tried to replace them. No drivers issue I tried updating the drivers. I also tried installing new windows on the computer. But it did not work. I need help fixing it

Attachments

Couriant

James
The issue is probably with the monitor itself. Do you have another computer to connect to it to test?

or at least remove the computer from the monitor and check the menu to see if you still see the blue tint.

LahiruK

The issue is probably with the monitor itself. Do you have another computer to connect to it to test?

or at least remove the computer from the monitor and check the menu to see if you still see the blue tint.
While I was using the computer, the power went out and the computer turned off. When I tried it again, I had that problem

Couriant

James
Then you are looking a bad video card and would need to be replaced.

LahiruK

Then you are looking a bad video card and would need to be replaced.
That is the only solution to this problem😪. Ok. Thank you very much for responding to my question. This site is very useful and fast. Thank you so much again❤

cwwozniak

Chuck
Did you test the monitor's on-screen menus as suggested by James in post #2? If they are supposed to be white, but have a blue tint, the problem is with the monitor hardware. If they are white, the problem may be with the computer's graphics controller or the video input portion of the monitor.

If the monitor has more than one input port, can you test it with a different input port?

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
How is the monitor connected to the PC? VGA? HDMI? DVI? As Chuck suggested, if you are using VGA, try DVI or something else.

LahiruK

Did you test the monitor's on-screen menus as suggested by James in post #2? If they are supposed to be white, but have a blue tint, the problem is with the monitor hardware. If they are white, the problem may be with the computer's graphics controller or the video input portion of the monitor.

If the monitor has more than one input port, can you test it with a different input port?
No problem with the monitor. When the vga cable is removed the menu will appear in the correct color on the monitor. I also tried another monitor as well as a new vga cable. Then I even checked the graphic settings but there was no problem. This happened while I was using the computer and there was a power outage. Then the computer turned off. This happened when I turned it on again

LahiruK

How is the monitor connected to the PC? VGA? HDMI? DVI? As Chuck suggested, if you are using VGA, try DVI or something else.
I'm using VGA cable. ok I'll try with DVI. Thanks

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
VGA is analog, while DVI is digital. It should use different circuitry for the output section of the card. It may work with DVI.

LahiruK

VGA is analog, while DVI is digital. It should use different circuitry for the output section of the card. It may work with DVI.
Thank you very much. I will try a dvi cable. Are there other possible reasons for the blue tint?

plodr

Liz
Since two monitors with a new VGA cable attached to the computer show this blue tint, then I'd suspect that the VGA port is damaged. If it isn't the monitors and it isn't the cable, there isn't much else to check.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Right, Liz, but not a physical damage, as in bent pin, because a power outage wouldn't suddenly bring that to light. It's electrical. That's why I think the DVI may work. The output circuitry is totally separate from the VGA's. If it still doesn't work, which would surprise me, it will be deeper in the circuit, back before the output stage. I think the DVI will work properly.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online