1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bluetooth adapter not being recognised

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Distance, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Distance

Distance Thread Starter

2. usualsuspect

usualsuspect

Hi,
    In what respect are you saying this? Is the dongle not getting picked up by Windows at all?

3. Distance

Distance Thread Starter

Sorry for the lack of detail, the pc makes the normal noise when I plug it in but in my desktop the bluetooth logo is red, not dececting bluetooth device. The logitech connection software is saying the same.

Attached Files:

4. usualsuspect

usualsuspect

have you tried uninstalling the old bluetooth installation first?

I'm no bluetooth doctor but I would imagine the dongle has an identity associated with the installation.

5. Distance

Distance Thread Starter

Thats the thing, theres nothing to unintall?

6. usualsuspect

usualsuspect

How come the bluetooth icon is still there?

7. usualsuspect

usualsuspect

I have a MS bluetooth mouse that I no longer use but if I uninstall it the icon goes.

8. Distance

Distance Thread Starter

Its uninstalled and its still there, I try reinstalling and it still stays, saying nothing found

9. Distance

Distance Thread Starter

Okay, when I try to install the logitech software it now says there is already a later version of bluetooth on my computer.

How to I uninstall this?

10. usualsuspect

usualsuspect

Hi Josh,

Sorry for slow response, I'm busy with work stuff (boo!) recently.

What about in device manager? Can the dongle be seen in there? If so, uninstall it as a seperate component. It sounds like the dongle driver isn't part of the uninstall for the M/K combo.

If you run MSCONFIG from the command prompt and check the Startup tab, that should tell you where the bluetooth is getting ran from.

There's always the manual uninstall option too. Last resort though. Create restore point; Delete the Logitech folder where you installed to; run Regedit and create a backup; search for 'Logitech' and delete all entries.

I'm away for a few days now, but hopefully someone can help.

11. Distance

Distance Thread Starter

Before you replied to that I tried downloading the latest version of the software from Logitech, I installed it and on the connectivity application when you first run the software I got a windows popup saying my Usb device has malfunctioned.

Would you recommend getting a replacement?

Josh

12. usualsuspect

usualsuspect

Besides trying it out on another machine, I guess we are running out of options.

Have you bothered contacting Logitech?

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594974

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice