1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bluetooth adapter (Trust v4.0) not working on Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ycramer, Oct 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ycramer

ycramer Thread Starter

Goodmorning everyone, I did not now wether to post this in hardware, of windows 7 or another category. please move this post or let me know if I choose wrongly.

(TSG SysInfo At the Bottom)

I am just a girl who has moderate understanding of computers, and just want to get my bluetooth working.

I had a bluetooth adapter from DealeXtreme http://dx.com/p/super-mini-bluetooth-2-0-adapter-dongle-vista-compatible-11866, yes the really cheap one, It wasn't exactly plug and play on my windows 7, but with some hard work an the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack I got it working, even with skype. However, audio quality to and from my Headphones sucked, and I believed the cheap bluetooth thing was the cause of it so:

I bought a Trust bluetooth adapter v4.0 http://www.trust.com/products/product.aspx?artnr=18187 to give my laptop (wich has no bluetooth build in) bluetooth and connect to my Headset http://www.philips.co.uk/c/cell-phone-accessories/over-ear-black-shb7000_00/prd/, my phone (LG-P970 with android 2.2.2) and tablet (Samsung galaxy tab 2 (10 inch).

Problem:

I can't get it to work. When I use the installation mini-DVD that came with it and do exactly as it says (offcourse i uninstalled every bluetooth fthing from before like bluetooth adapters, and toshiba stack and so on and then rebooted ) It installs only half couse the peripheral drivers keep showing the famous red cross.

What i've tried allready:

I then downloaded the drivers from BROADCOM (It turns out the Trust adapter is just a broadcom thing, and also when installed it shows under Bluetooth Radio's as a Broadcom bcm20702) http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php and that got the peripheral drivers going.

Now I have the bluetooth icon in the task tray, when I right click it and do 'add a device' it won't find anything, not my headset, not my phone, not my tablet (wich I ensured have bluetooth on and are recognisable cause they recognise eachoter). So pretty unusable.

I then uninstalled everything, rebooted and tried again with the Toshiba Stack, however, this won't recognise my little adapter when your're asked to connect it and then click ok, it just keeps repeating the 'please connect you bluetooth device now and then click ok'.

So the best I've got so far is with the downloads from broadcom.

I spend all last night on it, at the end out of frustration I uninstalled everything. So lets try again with a fresh start and a little help please.

Please tel me what to do.

TSG SysInfo:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II Dual-Core M300, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 4094 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500 Series, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 119236 MB, Free - 16900 MB; D: Total - 118836 MB, Free - 37192 MB; I: Total - 1430447 MB, Free - 460886 MB;
    Motherboard: TOSHIBA, NTWAE
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    You need the Broadcom drivers AND the Toshiba Bluetooth stack installed at the same time.

3. ycramer

ycramer Thread Starter

I installed te software from BROADCOM again.

Then I tried installing the Toshiba stack but got stuck at when it asked me to "connect the bluetooth device and then click ok". (See printscreen) The adapter was allready in from installing the BROADCOM driver, so i kept clicking ok but it wont detect it, after a few times i clicked cancel so the install was cancelled.

What do i do now?:(

Attached Files:

4. ycramer

ycramer Thread Starter

*Bump* Anyone? Help please?

5. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Right-click the Bluetooth icon by the clock then click 'Bluetooth settings' then 'New Connection' then 'Next' and it should find any bluetooth devices you have switched on.

More details here :- http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/support/items/faq/317

6. ycramer

ycramer Thread Starter

Hello,

Thank you for your advice.

When I right-click on the bluetooth icon I don't get the menu you are referring to, because the one I have is the broadcom thing. (see screenshot 111)

As mentioned in my previous post, the toshiba stack will not install because it does not recognize the bluetooth adapter.

when I click on "Open Setting" it does absolutely nothing. Not when I wait a long time, not even increased RAM activity or any other indication that my computer is doing anything more then it was doing.

When I click "Add a device" It show a windows in wich it says it is searching for connections (see printscreen 112)
    I tried this with my phone, tablet, and bluetooth headset all on and on discoverable. It does not find anything.

Can you (or anyone else) please help me further?

Attached Files:

7. jacobopantoja

jacobopantoja

First, make sure that you have the adapter ENABLED (the infamous Fn+F2 sometimes affects USB devices as well).

Second, make sure that your devices are discoverable (I'm sorry to say because you probably tried, but make sure)

Then, try uninstalling all toshiba-related stuff, also "CSR" and "Atheros" (although perhaps you will loose your WiFi, be sure to make restoration points before).

Also be sure that you don't have a bluetooth built-in adapter in your laptop (look for bluetooth settings in the bios). If you have one, disable it in the BIOS.

After all uninstalling, go to the link you already posted in the broadcom page, and install the drivers. It should install a program called WIDCOMM, version 6.5.1.4000 or similar. With this (and nothing more) it should be working, as it is working for me.

All the best

8. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    I was thinking you had an internal BT card like I do which needs the Toshiba BT stack, sorry for the confusion.

Try what jacobopantoga posted.

You will still need a BT stack and a driver. I think the Broadcom software should provide both, did it install ok ?

9. StephanF

StephanF

Hi,

I seem to have a similar problem, my Dell bluetooth mouse stopped working. First I thought 'batteries', did not help, then I wondered if the mouse was brocken, so I tried to use my bluetooth headphone - could not be seen when running 'Add Devices' under bluetooth. So I thought, bluetooth adapter brocken and got a replacement (it resides under the top front cover of my laptop, it's an internal adapter) - didn't work either. I then thought something wrong with the motherboard? So I purchased another bluetooth adapter, this time a little USB dongle, didn't work either!! Now I tested this last USB adapter on another older laptop running XP, it did install and I could install my Dell mouse. I have seen a couple of posts since then about the bluetooth stopped working, that this may have occured after a Windows update, I could only go back to Oct. 16 on the system restore, which didn't help either. I updated the drivers, nothing.

Everything seems to work correctly according to the device manager, or the services, the blue icon is in the system tray, when I right-click it shows that it is turned on, and yes the little switch that turns the wireless adapter and bluetooth on/off is in the 'on' position. Really bizzar! I looked in the Computer Management/System Tools/Event Viewer/Custom Views/Administrative Events to see if there are any unusual error events. Well there are a few bugs but they were there before this happened. So I am really frustrated, wasting a few days on this. I eliminated a few of the event errors but some still persist.

10. huggie54

huggie54

look in Windows Update>view update history and see if there were any updates that could have caused the problem.

11. StephanF

StephanF

I installed all available updates, still both the internal and external Bluetooth adapters won't work (you can only enable/use one of them at a time). Very frustrating. From Windows point of view, everything seems working, device manager shows the Bluetooth devices, service are active, icon is in the tray and shows that the adapter is on (option to turn it off is shown). But when selecting 'Add Devices' and having the mouse or headset set to be discovered: nothing.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!