1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bluetooth and Easynote TS11 HR

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Hermon, Feb 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hermon

Hermon Thread Starter

Hi all!

Sorry if this is a stupid question - but hey ho!

I have an easynote ts11 hr. It didn't come with bluetooth apparently. I bought a simple USB plug in which is now registering on my system as "CSR Bluetooth chip" and elsewhere says "bluetooth radio".

I bought a new bluetooth speaker (Azatom Storm). My mobile phone works well with the speaker so the speaker is functioning properly. My computer can't seem to find it.

When I go to "manage devices" and "add a device" it doesn't see the Azatom.

I contacted Packard Bell support. They told me to download a bluetooth driver and sent a link which I duly did. No joy.

What can I try next please? I'm trying to stop the cat garrotting herself on my speaker wires when "we" are watching stuff on the computer (!) so it seems important to me! Plus it's a big outlay financially if I can only get it to do half the job I bought it for!

Thanks for any help.

PS For those that this means something to ...

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 5995 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -1226 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 456357 MB, Free - 341358 MB;
    Motherboard: Packard Bell, SJV50_HR
    Antivirus: Kaspersky Total Security, Updated and Enabled

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Does the speaker need to be put into "find" or "pairing" mode for the computer to find it?

Does the speaker need to be un-paired from the phone before being paired with another device?

3. Hermon

Hermon Thread Starter

OK - the reply I did on Saturday to TerryNet appears not to have been posted so I'll try again - maybe that was why no one was talking to me!

Thanks for the suggestions. The speaker automatically goes into pairing mode and even tells me (!) it is pairing when it is looking for the computer.

Having successfully paired the phone I then turned off its blue tooth and, for good measure, pressed all the buttons on the speaker that the manual told me would reset the speaker and make it look for another device.

No joy.

Any thoughts?

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Have you searched online for a user guide or FAQ for the "simple USB plug"?

5. Hermon

Hermon Thread Starter

I have had a look but can't seem to find anything. Perhaps it is just that it is TOO simple!

In honesty I have spent enough time hunting and fiddling and I've given up with this one (it really was quite cheap) and will see if paying a little more money gives me more joy!

Thank you for trying to help though- I appreciate the back up when I understand so little about computers!

6. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  7. Hermon

Hermon Thread Starter

Thank you, "Managed" - I'll give it a go!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143936

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice