1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bluetooth and Nokia...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by djwoody, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. djwoody

djwoody Thread Starter

I have the Toshiba Bluetooth stack installed on my laptop and also Nokia's PC Suite.

On the website it says that the bluetooth stack is supported, however, when i try to use my PC suite software it says it cannot find a Bluetooth connection.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks
    Chris

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Did you turn on Bluetooth on the phone?

3. djwoody

djwoody Thread Starter

Yes i did, its in the connection wizard that it would find the bluetooth 'port'

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

On the phone itself. Not the computer or the software. Did you go through the cell phone menus and enable Bluetooth? The software can't find the device if the device doesn't have Bluetooth enabled.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

And note that if you leave Bluetooth enabled, it will shorten your battery life. If you don't have a Bluetooth headset, I'd turn it back off when you're done.

FWIW, I have a Motorola RAZR, and I could never get the Bluetooth to function properly with either Motorola Phone Tools or Mobtime Phone Tools, finally just connected it with the USB cable.

6. djwoody

djwoody Thread Starter

Its not on the phone, its on my computer in the Nokia PC Suite software

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I don't know how to make this any more clear. You have to turn on the Bluetooth connection ON THE PHONE. Get out your manual, look in the index for Bluetooth, turn to that page, and follow the instructions ON THE PHONE.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536346

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice