1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bluetooth annoying error -[EDIT: Windows boot errors]

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Weavernater, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Weavernater

Weavernater Thread Starter

I recently brought an expensive pair of bluetooth headphones for my iPod, Phone and laptop (laptop which is brand new btw). The laptop is on windows 8 and has been working fine, it paired and connected for my headphones fine once. Now i cant connect them at all.

When i do the laptop cant find them no matter how many times i try and what i change settings wise. The headphones dont show up as a previously paired device but the do say that they have some form of hardware on the pc (Says under the Hardware tab in Bluetooth settings)

No other device has reconnecting issues to my headphones, and i have not been able to find any form of fix over google and youtube. I cant find anything in the setting that is weird or anything it all looks normal.

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

What is shown in device manager please

also I think you should explore the possibility of a conflict with the wireless adapter frequency.

Try disbling the wireless adapter and see if the bluetooth will then connect

3. Weavernater

Sorry still pretty N00b with windows 8, By device manager is that the device part of the PC settings? I have tried turning off all sorts of things that i though may conflict but nothing has changed. I have also tried rebooting to no help.

4. Macboatmaster

There are a number of ways to get there press windows key =type - I know there is no where to type - device, you will only get to d when the screen changes, click settings on right, continue typing dev and device manager will show in the second column - probably

5. Weavernater

That confused me but i learnt Windows Button + X then click device manager.

This is my Device Manager [​IMG]

6. Macboatmaster

There are many ways to get there
    right click computer, properties then device manager
    control panel - device manager
    etc
    http://forums.techguy.org/windows-8/1088319-windows-8-keyboard-shortcuts.html

however to deal with the issue in hand , switch off the headphones , right click the headphones in device manager uninstall.
    disable wireless adapter in network devices.
    reboot
    windows key + C
    settings
    change pc settings
    devices on left
    add a device on right
    and go from there.
    See if it will then accept it and stay

7. Weavernater

Ok. I tried that but to no avail. Still nothing happening. It still doesnt even show up on the list, Searching on the laptop just times out

8. Macboatmaster

What is the make and model of the headphones please and the make and full model of the laptop

I would recommend if you have not already done so that you go to the manufacturers site for the laptop and update all drivers.

When the laptop is sold of course, the drivers are the ones installed at the time the OS was installed and frequently there are updated versions.
    For instance I notice that the Qualcom Atheros 3012 Windows 8 driver was last updated just a month ago - but that is not specific to your laptop

for example
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=uk&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=ob-111997-1

fixes conflict issue with other drivers.

9. Weavernater

10. Macboatmaster

Although it relates to a mouse the principle is of course the same
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/help/windows-8/how-to/mouse/connecting-bluetooth-device

I think you should explore, as I mentioned earlier conflict with another bluetooth device and or the 2.4GHz - 5GHz if this applies to your headphones.
    I did find the headphones but as you probably knowm there is no help offered.
    http://bluedio.com/resources.php?ref=189

The samsung site has never in my experience been the easiest to navigate and the information is in many cases distinctly lacking. I could not even find any mention of bluetooth in respect of your netbook

I see the netbook came with Norton - try disabling that - it can cause problems of this nature
    http://community.norton.com/t5/Nort...d-Unable-to-start-Bluetooth-stack/td-p/600748

11. Weavernater

Ok, I have gone thorough all of the info but to no help. I have tried both "Play mode" Which works for my ipod and pairing mode. I uninstalled Norton pretty much as soon as i got it (Not a fan of it) So i doubt, but am not positive that it is not the issue

12. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I don't know if Norton would cause this, but run Symantec's Norton Removal Tool anyhow. It's good insurance. :)

13. Macboatmaster

Right from the start there is one aspect that is puzzling me, you say

so it appears that something has changed, since that original first successful pairing.
    Other Bluetooth devices are favourite suspects, or a program or utility you have installed.

14. Weavernater

Ok I removed even more Norton stuff and I am about to run the remover TerryNet suggested. I am sure 100% that the only things i have installed since it happened was 5 or 6 games a couple of days ago. Ramdisk 1 day before that (About 3 days ago) and Pacman on the same day. So they were all installed after the issue first appeared. I have installed nothing else.

I have noticed a new wee icon that is at the end of my start menuthingy, That says R and has some form of bluetooth earphone icon that open something that says bluetooth operations. I will upload a video soon to show you the steps i take, that did in fact work one time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0n00P8sAjo&list=UUnvluMWGTPsesgP1PVNOnHQ&index=1

15. Macboatmaster

Weavernater

Sorry I missed you last reply.
    I have looked at the video and still unfortunately, have no really different advice to offer.
    The only other suggestion, I can think of is to see if another Bluetooth device will pair, if that is possible

Did you make any progress please.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089602

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice