1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

bluetooth connection? HELP!!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ScottieDog, Mar 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ScottieDog

ScottieDog Thread Starter

I am trying to sync my mobile phone(Nokia) with my pc. I have the software and installed it but on first installation was asked to select a connection type. I selected Infrared, but later found that bluetooth is better, so bought a bluetooth dongle instead. I have installed the bluetooth correctly, but on starting Nokia software, I only have the option of infrared for initial connection before I can run the program for the first time. I tried uninstalling then re-installing the software, but have since found out that the software stores a file in the computer to "remember" the first connection method I selected. Therefore, even after system restore followed by re-installing the software, it still asks for an infrared connection. Can someone please tell me how to delete this/these files so I can start afresh using bluetooth because I don't want to buy infrared hardware just to start the program so I can switch to bluetooth!
    Can someone please help a very frustrated numpty?!?!

Scott:confused:

2. wizzkid

wizzkid

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

You should be able to run the separate "mRouter" application in the taskbar to deselect iR and select Bluetooth.

It would help though if we knew what version of mobile phone and software you are talking about here, as the combination actually available is highly variable as to the outcome.

Its a convoluted process actually, and involves using the bluetooth setup as well, to create a "bluetooth serial port".

4. ScottieDog

ScottieDog Thread Starter

I'm afraid my knowledge of computers is a bit limited. The phone is a Nokia 7650, and the software came with it . Unfortunately for me I only have the infrared option in the mRouter. Can I add the bluetooth to the mRouter even though I can't run the Nokia software yet?

5. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

I have installed software for a Nokia 3650. On 2 PCs it works, on 1 its dodgy. All XP.

You need to do more than just install the bluetooth dongle. You need to install/enable the services, such as "bluetooth serial port" for it to work. I can't tell you how as each Bluetooth adapter will be different.

Once the Bluetooth serial port for the phone is established it will show up in mRouter before you try and run the Nokia software. That it does not show now suggests its not set up.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!