1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bluetooth Connection Problem. PLEASE HEL!?!?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by madtutter, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madtutter

madtutter Thread Starter

My apologies if this isn't the correct thread for this post. In my opinion Bluetooth falls in the networking niche. Please move it to the appropriate thread if not. Thanks!

First off I want to thank you for any help you may provide and for this wonderfull website! This is my first post here as I am pretty tech savvy and don’t usually find myself in the position where I need to ask for help. With that being said I will get to the point of this post.

I recently bought a cell, a T-Mobile Sparq to be completely accurate, and tried to connect it to my laptop via Bluetooth. My laptop is an Asus G75VW which comes with BT capabilities. When I run the BT suite and click “Add a Device” it sits at the “Searching for a device.. Make sure your device is discoverable.” Prompt for as long as I let it without discovering my phone. I made sure my phone’s BT is active and discoverable. My next step was to go into my Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Component Services> Services (Local) to make sure BT and its dependencies where active, which they were. I updated all my related drivers and when that didn’t work I un-installed and re-installed them, to no avail. I checked my device manager to make sure there were no conflicts there and found nothing. I then spent a few hours on Google troubleshooting and was not able to find anything that I had not already tried. That’s when I decided to drop this problem onto the genius minds of the Tech-Guy forums for if they can’t solve it, its surely unsolvable! *wink wink*

But seriously, At this point I am starting to think that either my phone isn’t compatible with my laptop, my phones BT is bugged, or my laptop’s BT is bugged. It would be greatly appreciated if someone has any advice on how to get this working for me.

Thanks!!
    -Armand

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    bluetooth is often controlled with the wireless switch - sounds like its on - but maybe worth a try

Is the bluetooth application in the system tray at all and can you see an option to show devices

in device manager is bluetooth showing ?

what services do you have for bluetooth running

Can you borrow another blue tooth device and try and see if it is a laptop or phone issue

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1066385

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice