1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bluetooth connection problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kaypun, Dec 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kaypun

kaypun Thread Starter

After I updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7, I am not able to anymore connect my speakers via bluetooth.
    Infact I do not see "Bluetooth" as an option under Devices under Windows 10 anymore.

Pls advice how to correct this pls.

2. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
  3. kaypun

kaypun Thread Starter

Bluetooth was built into the computer and I was able to connect my speakers when computer was on Windows 7. But after converting to Windows 10, under Device, the Bluetooth option does not appear any more.

4. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew

Open the device manager and check if its being detected.

If it is then you need a newer driver, if not its dead/faulty.

5. kaypun

kaypun Thread Starter

I opened Device Manager. The issue is that I dont see Bluetooth anymore (like I used to see earlier under Windows 7)

6. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    So you DONT see it in device manager either?? Even under a red X or yellow ! ?

If you don't see it anywhere in device manager at all then its defective and dead and will need to be replaced. Even if its not compatible with Windows 10 you would still see it as an unknown device in the device managee

7. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Windows 10 can have problems with BlueTooth, I've had cases where the driver doesn't work after updating to 10 and BT doesn't show in Device Manager even though the BT hardware is ok.

The cure is to install a Windows 10 driver and software for the particular BT hardware.

So please post the full make and model details of the computer and if it's a Desktop or Laptop, or if it's a custom built Desktop PC the full motherboard details, then we can try to find the correct driver/software for it.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1163061

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice