1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

bluetooth connection with windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by karm drefner, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. karm drefner

karm drefner Thread Starter

hi guys recently purchased an ACER ASPIRE 5551 from PC world/tech guys with WINDOWS 7. i already had a set of PLANTRONICS 590 BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES with were working on my old PC (WINDOWS XP) no problems.Innitially,although i was advised some drivers were not installed properly i got the headphones to strea music/sound via my ADVENT MINI BLUETOOTH ADAPTER but then it ceased to wortk.I tried updating the drivers and they worked again then stopped!?! I purchased the BELKIN MINI BLUETOOTH ADAPTER as an alternative and installed ,updating any drivers i'm alll up to date aapparently......I casnt stream any sound!!!.The bluetooth finds the headphones, says its connected but the music still fails to stream through headphones!

The headpohnes connect with my mobile phones,ok and the laptop says headphones working ok.Maybe it is a laptop setting as when i hover the mouse over the Bluetooth icon it says bluetooth devices BUT IT IS GREYED OUT.Similarly if i click on the icon all options are available APART FROM ALLoW A DEVICE TO CONNECT!!!

SORRY for the caps but i thought it would make it easier to seee the equipment/issues easier.Please help as this is very frustrating especially as innitially they were working!I have tried all the option si could but i'm missing something maybe its obvious.I know its not connecting as ther bluetooth icon wont go green even when it says the audio gateway is connected sometimes??!! i dont understand why the connect to device is there but GREYED OUT???

P.s i noticed on the packaging that windows 7 isnt included on the OS for the bluetooth stack but i cant believe windows 7 was designed knowing it wouldnt be compatible and no way of updating !?!?
    pleas help

frusrated ,

KARM DREFNER

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

It's hard to know which chipset the adapter is using
    without the model number or whether the adapter is
    edr 2.1 or not.
    Windows 7 has audio problems with edr 2.0 adapters
    and does not have native audio drivers.
    Do you have the model number?
    Did it come with an installtion CD?

Here is a site that shows compatability with links to
    some drivers for different models.
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_Working_Bluetooth_Devices

If yours has a broadcomm or widcomm based chipset,you
    may just be able to update the software and stack.

You also might need to right click that bluetooth icon and click start bluetooth.

3. karm drefner

hi leroy, thanks for replying. i have tried with w2 seperate stacks the 1st was an advent adec2btmi s/nn.836001446.
    The 2nd is a belkin f8to16 it casme with an instalation disk where as the Advent didnt which i am perservering with at the moment.they are both edr 2.1 adapters.
    i have managed to get the headphones to stream by manually changing the laptop sound settings and making the headphones the default player. to get this option to work you have to unplug the bluetooth adapter and plug it back in so it recognises the headphones stereo option. when done you have to manually change the settings again back to the speakers or there is no sound at all even with the headphones switched off ity doesnt revert back like it used to on my old XP pc...its a start but not exactly suitable fix longterm i think you'll agree.

i'm going to check out the driver link in the mean time but let me know if i,ve told u what u need?

i should beable to connect via the bluetooth settings surely?

4. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

I f your driver came with BlueSoleil software,that is
    probably what is causing it not to switch as that software
    creates an audio device that just stays there and that connects to
    headsets.

I am using a targus edr 2.1 bluetooth dongle that came with broadcomm
    stack software and I have the opposite problem.
    I want my headset to stay in audio devices,but when I disconnect
    it diasappears and switches back to regular defaults.
    Afraid I don't have the model number as I threw the pakage away.
    They were selling on ebay in a blister pack with software cheap.

Yeah,just checked.
    That one came with the BlueSoleil software.
    That's why it won't revert the defaults.

5. karm drefner

your right.sure I saw some where the belkin comes with blue soleil software. I.m going with the advent as I don't have to unplug the dongle each time I switch default likewith the belkin just change drop down option.not sure what has changed though as was working originally ok?:eek:(

you mentioned follow instructions.which did you mean?

6. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

Follow the instructions bit is just a comic signature.:)
    If you uninstall the blue soleil software,you will need to
    reenable the bluetooth service in start/control panel/
    administrative tools/services.
    Set it to automatic.
    Blue soleil disables the windows bluetooth and does not
    reenable it when it is uninstalled.

7. karm drefner

ohhh........doh!!!!

i changed the bluetooth setting to automatic and then made my headphones the default so now when i switch them on it seems to switch sound to them ....automatically! then when i switch them off it reverts back to laptop speakers.
    This is an improvement and more or less what i was hoping to do...(i didnt want to unistall reinstall via the control panel worried i would lose all connections and have to start from scratch, i almost have it working how i'd like, just don't understand why i cant connect via the bluetooth settings nymore and have to use the laptop settings/)

Is there any adavantage unistalling(u mean the dongle software via control panel?) u mention windows bluetooth..i was advised windows doesnt have bluetooth which is why i bought a dongle in the1st place???confused .com...sorry part technical neanderthal here!!simpletons instructions may be required.!!!

8. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

If the other dongle comes with its' own stack software,including
    the audio drivers,then getting rid of that blue soleil software
    is going to avoid conflicts with the other stack or the windows stack.
    It sounds like right now the dongle is using the windows stack,but
    the software is blue soleil and that is generating the icon in the taskbar.
    It's not accessable because you aren't using the blue soleil stack.
    You really don't want a bunch of stacks installed.
    Just the one that works for you.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/953050

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice